The Twelve Step Program and Drug Rehab
The 12-step model is the most widely recognized basis for success in recovery in drug rehab. Founded by Bill W. and Dr. Bob in 1939, the process of recovery has been described by Dr. Bob as, “Trust God, clean house, help others.” The 12-step model has since become the basis for almost every other self-help support group, including Cocaine Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and Overeaters' Anonymous.
Most drug rehabs in the United States offer the 12-step model as the basis for their recovery program with added emphasis on education, therapy and holistic treatments. During drug rehab, SouthCoast Recovery offers the finest clinical therapy, innovative workshops addressing the latest discoveries in mind, body and spirit connection, and advanced holistic healing therapies within a 12-step model. Transportation is provided during drug rehab to all 12-step meetings. Every client receives a comprehensive treatment program tailored to his or her individual needs in overcoming alcoholism or drug addiction.
The 12-Step Model in Recovery
The 12-step model in recovery is an outline for progression to spiritual wellness as defined by the founding members of Alcoholics Anonymous. Following are the original 12-steps as excerpted from Alcoholics Anonymous:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Working the 12-Step Model in Drug Rehab
At SouthCoast Recovery, we recognize that people come from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and experiences. While you may not embrace the 12-step philosophy naturally or easily, we provide you with the supportive environment to explore your own definition of spirituality and what it means to you. The basis of the 12-step philosophy is reliance on a power greater than oneself. While some may resist this, relying on something besides yourself is not new to you – you’ve probably been relying on drugs and alcohol for years. We combine the 12-step model with the finest clinical & medical care and advance holistic processes for complete renewal of mind, body and spirit during your time with us. Alcoholism and drug addiction are often referred to as a three part malady that afflicts mind, body and spirit. SouthCoast Recovery's drug rehab center addresses each aspect for overall well-being.
SouthCoast's Drug Rehab offers the 12-Step Model
SouthCoast Recovery offers a comprehensive approach to the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction with the 12-step model at the core. The 12-step model addresses the spiritual malady of the disease, while clinical therapy addresses the mind and holistic therapies treat the body. This overall approach to wellness ensures a balanced treatment module that supports the healing process of mind, body and spirit. We offer daily transportation to daily 12-step meetings in the area beach cities, encouraging fellowship and communication of experience, strength and hope with other recovering members in the community. Many of our alumni have such a positive experience in the community, they return to call it home. Give us a call today and find out more about the 12-step model and other approaches to treatment our drug rehab center has to offer. Professional assistance is available 24/7.
Call us at 1-866-847-4506 – professional assistance is available 24/7.